The Toughest/Weirdest Interview Questions of 2016
Hopefully Storm Doris hasn’t hit you too hard, if it does at least with the weekend approaching a nice recovery will be in order. Down in Cwmbran it was really windy but we are all intact and made it back into work today for the final day of the week.
We all know how easy it is to get caught out by a question at Interview that seems like it has come from the left field. It can also be quite frustrating, as how you answer these questions can be make or break for getting the role. So for this week’s blog we decided to share with you a list that was created by the Glassdoor community which pooled together some of the weirdest and toughest questions candidates had been asked during 2016.
- “Which magic power would you like to have?”
- “If you were a fruit, what kind would you be and why?”
- “If you could have dinner with three actors that are no longer living, who would you pick?”
- “How many hours would it take to clean every single window in London?”
- “How do you get an elephant in a fridge?”
- “If the time is quarter past 3, what is the angle measurement on the clock?”
- “If you had three minutes alone in a lift with the CEO, what would you say?”
- “How many people born in 2013 were named Gary?”
- “What will you be famous for?”
- “How many nappies are purchased per year in the UK?”
These questions certainly required a certain element of creative thinking or knowledge of obscure details to answer. I haven’t been asked a weird question but I did have a somewhat weird experience at one. The Interview seemed to be coming to a close with the Interviewer packing up and then launched the classic “Why do you want to work for us?” at mach speed. It certainly caught me out by the timing and the speed it was asked. Luckily that question being common, I already had my response ready to go.
A little tip to help with these sort of situations is to, before you go to an interview, get a friend to throw some common and strange questions at you. This will help you practice thinking on the spot and coming up with answers quickly. Like all the best practice methods It’ll be a bit of fun but at the same time helps getting prepared.
Let us know in the comments section how you would have answered the questions above. Or if you have experienced being asked strange questions, let us know! As always if you would like to get in touch with regards to any queries or to be added to our network please visit the contact us page here.
Hope you have a great weekend,
(Glassdoor. “Top 10 Tough Interview Questions for 2016”. Accessed 23/02/17. https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/List/Tough-Interview-Questions-UK-LST_KQ0,28.htm)